Monday 10 January 2011

Blog Three

My last project was another typography project that took on a more 3D aspect. I had to make a letterofmr and place it in a box based upon an article.
The article I had chosen was based around the discovery of a cure for the common cold. I spent along time working on various compositions before settling on a mini lab and test tube idea. I spent a lot of time experimenting to get the right effect of my letter form and the test tube. I was happy with the final outcome of the test tube and letter but felt that the box itself was rather poorly made. It was not very well built and showed that my hands on skills in 3D building are quite poor. I feel my box should have been made from stronger or from more different materials to make it more appealing. I need to sit and work on my hand making skills sometimes as I am quite clumsy with my making (as seen in my box). I should look at seeing if there are some workshops available to help or even spend some of my own personal time practicing a more hands on approach to making.

No comments:

Post a Comment