Monday 21 February 2011

10th Jan

This week saw the start of my brand new brief. I have to design a book cover for the book "the postman always rings twice" as well as an essay. I have spent the week reading the book as well as starting initial research. I feel reading the book has made me feel prepared and well equip into making designs for the cover. I feel reading the book has helped me to understand the book as well as pick out key points and themes that I can work from for the front cover. However, reading the book was quite time consuming and ate a lot of time in my week. Reading the book was very helpful but I know in the future I may not be able to do this due to time constraints. I feel that for future briefs I will not really be able to read the books before I make designs for them. I think that I should look up summaries and short essays about the book in question rather then the book in the future to enable me to be prepared for designing but it will take half the time then I have taken.
Because of this I feel that I may be behind in the start of my project. I feel that my time management isnt up to scratch. I will sit and make a detailed list and time plan of what to do for the next week and try to keep strictly to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment