Monday 21 February 2011

17th Jan

This week I have spent the week researching. I have looked at the Australian target market as well as researching a variety of book covers. I have compared UK best sellers to Aus best sellers, looked at the variety of covers the book already has as well as looking at crime novels and penguin design in general. I have evaluated and gone into particular detail over each of these points to ensure I understand what has already been produced for the markets. After all of this research I feel confident in progressing to the design stage. I do however feel that I have spent too long on the research process and feel slightly 'unfulfilled' because I have not begun the design process. I have however kept to the list I had created for this week which shows that this method does work for me. I will be creating lists for each week on things to 'complete' as I find this ensures I get things done and do not forget things to look at and work on.
In the future I feel that I need to stop forcing myself to research  everything at the very beginning of the project. I think that I should allow myself to relax a little more and allow myself to research through out the brief rather then trying to research the entire project at the very beginning of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment